Sunday, October 10, 2010

What happens in Dalaran, Stays in Dalaran!

So do you like to Gamble? Are you the type that likes to throw down a nice chunk of gold on a 50/50 bet? Do you look around the world of wow, Grasping your worn dice.... wondering when you are going to be able to throw the bones? Then I have an Auction house gamble for you. How would you like to bet on a Tome of Polymorph Black cat?

This tome is sold by Endora Moorehead In Dalaran for 2000-2500g depending on your rep. it's a limited quantity item with a rather long respawn, However I always seem to find it whenever i look. This is risky item to try and flip because the cost for a 48 hour deposit is 375g. If you post this item for 3000g you've only got two posts of it before you are in the red.

A lot of people do not know where to get this tome, and with Halloween coming up i wouldn't be surprised if a few people thought it was a seasonal drop and buy it outright. You are essentially gambling on people actually going out and wowheading the item. I've tried selling this Tome twice now and it's sold both times for 3000G (i bought it for 2000g and after AH cut ended up with a 850g profit).

I have seen rumors in forums that this Tome has gone for as much as 4-5000g. So it's up to you how much you want to risk. I hope this tip satisfies your ache to let it ride on the tables. You know.... you should probably seek help for that!

2 comments:

  1. Greeting Acadia! I'm a referral from the JMTC website, and I wanted to ask about this specific post. Do you know of a way to link the item in Trade using a macro? I'm hesitant to risk AH fees with a specific item like this, and a decent macro may help.

    Something like "WTS Tome of Polymorph: Black Cat. Just in time for Hallow's End! PST"

    Thanks. Good work on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my answer and used the macro, only to be greeted with haters who blabbed in trade exactly where they could buy the book from a vendor.

    So my advice is a silent auction. Let the buyer beware. I'm going to try to post it over a weekend where I may get lucky when the majority of people are online.

    ReplyDelete