Thursday, October 7, 2010

1000+G an hour in Eastern Plaguelands

Okay, I don't believe I've seen a post on this yet. So, I would like to talk to you about my new discovery. I've always loved the farming potential of essence of airs; they sell really well as I am sure you have noticed from my post about them. I have, however, found a new essence I am completely in love with!  Let me tell you why.

I created a DK Enchanter and have gotten into the late 300's on her. Well I recently took the profits I was making from the twink chants and invested in the Spell power enchant (5000g). This turned out to be a huge mistake, which I discovered today. I went out and found the Healing Power enchant (2000g) which after the changes is now a +29 SP enchant versus the +30 of spellpower enchant.

Long story short... based on the AH prices the spellpower enchant cost about 500g in mats as golden pearls are insane (200g or so) and will net you about 550G (50g profit) and the HP enchant should be about 150g in mats and net you around 450g. The most expensive of the mats for this enchant being the Essence of Waters (30g each on my server and the chant uses 4). So I went out and took a look at what the Essence of Water drop rates are. Here is what I found.

The Essence of Waters drop in a very similar fashion as the essence of airs they are a 20%+ drop rate from two lakes in eastern plaguelands. I took about 30 minutes or so farming and ended up with about 20 essence of waters , 5 Globe of waters (on burning blade worth about 15g each),  10 Elemental waters (4g each) and 80 or 4 stacks of Enchanted water (worth 1g each? please someone explain why). just with the AH value i see this as easily hitting the 1000g an hour farming mark. But also if you have an enchanter that 150g in mats will net you a 450g scroll... so the sky is the limit on this tip!

See the below map for the farming spots. you can farm one out and go to the other. by the time you get back I have found the spawn timers have reset. Let me know what you think.

10 comments:

  1. Nice post! I'll try and spread the word on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I was looking for a nice place to farm when I'm bored since the price of Essence of Air dropped below 20g each on my server.

    Nice post.
    Thanks! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i beleive the enchanted water has a lower level req with a higher mp5 than other waters of that level. If i remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an enchanter and ran out of Essence of Water yesterday for my Healing Power enchants. There was only one in the AH for about 26g so I ended up killing the elementals in these exact spots! It really didn't take very long and I ended up finding 16 of them in about 30 minutes, along with all the other drops you mentioned which I was surprised sell really well. Great idea to use this as a farming spot! Awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have just found your blog (now bookmarked). Much impressed keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again my server is proven a classic - This scroll goes for 130g :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... farming the mats will allow you to compete at that price as the other mats for the chant will only run you 50g or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sell for 8g a piece on my server =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took a look on the undermine journal and there is a big difference on servers...seems they are either 30gish or under 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time reader (thank Marckos for the traffic if you like). I really like your forum, and this is a great tip. One of the biggest changes to the market after a big patch like this comes from EXACTLY this kind of change--the old chant is suddenly more expensive for about the same benefit as the new chant, so glory and gold go to he who can capitalize on change.

    I will continue reading in the future, and will scan some of your prior posts.

    One bit of commentary that may help you (it would help me as a reader): when you have specific items in your post, hyperlink to make it easy to search and compare. For me, the reference to "healing power enchant" was hard to find on the old interweb, making the comparison to "+29 SP chant" that much tougher. Hyperlink both so the reader can quickly look at the mats.

    Good job otherwise, useful.

    ReplyDelete