Friday, October 22, 2010

My favorite Fishing hole

So. Can you make 500g+ an hour fishing? It's actually not that hard. Especially if you have either Cooking or Alechmy to fall back on.

Today I would love to share with you my favorite fishing hole. You have a little over a month for this to be a great gold maker for you. So if you have the patience to fish. I'd start fishing!

One of the biggest sellers is food cooked from Dragonfin Angelfish. you can cook up Blackened Dragonfin and Dragonfin Filet. Both of these can sell for a pretty penny if you have your cooking up high enough to make them (8g a fish on Burning Blade). These are easily attainable in Dragonblight. The fishing village with the walrus ghosts spawns pools of dragonfins about as fast as you can fish them. I've fished these up at a minimum of 5 stacks an hour. If you cook them up and sell them for 8g each (minus say 100g for Northern spices) you're looking at 700g for an hour of work. But it does not end there.  Almost every fish that comes out of the lake also has a Pygmy Suckerfish attached. These can sell pretty well themselves, or can be converted into Pygmy Oil which are components of Guru's Elixir and Flask of Pure Mojo. So if you have an Alchemist this is even more lucrative.

Even raw the Dragonfins and Suckerfish should sell well enough to keep you up and going with several hundred gold an hour(last i checked raw Dragonfin went for around 50g a stack and Suckerfish were around 20g or so).

So if you have had the patience to Level up your fishing, this spot is much more rewarding than just throwing out a pole in Wintergrasp.

3 comments:

  1. Acadia -

    Yes indeed. And while you're waiting for the pools to respawn at that lake, you can fly to the western edge of dragonblight, there are more Dragonfin Angelfish pools there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I have employed the same tactic. In truth though. They will spawn just a tiny bit behind your ability to fish them. almost not worth making the flight out to the western edge for the other pools. But I guess it depends on your willingness to idle for a minute or two. Thanks much for the added tip WoWMidas. I meant to mention those pools in the post and Simply forgot. What I get for drinking and posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tip Acadia! I'm going to check what the Dragonfin foods are going for on my server and perhaps give this a try! I have hundreds of Northern Spices that I've been meaning to use up before Cata. :D

    ReplyDelete