Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween... carry on,bury all!

I love Halloween (and not just because it's my birthday).  I love the quests, and I love running around trick or treating. The headless horseman quest is one of my favorite battles. It's not much harder than the Brewfest fight and is a  pretty good Gold maker as well.

With the Holiday fights being queued into Dungeon finder, this is now a really easy fight to Farm.The Headless Horseman has a 27 percent drop rate for 3-6 Weighted Jack-o'-lanterns which can sell for really high prices on the AH (currently 10-25g each on my server). The best plan is to hold onto these until after the holliday, their price will increase significantly. I tend to hold mine until the X-mas holiday and advertise around the Nightmare before Christmas crowd. The fights are pretty much Insta-queues if you tank or heal, and with Dual spec being so cheap you should have no problem with this.

In addition you will receive several wands while Trick or Treating that offer you 5 charges of various costumes (Skeleton,ghost,bat,pirate,ninja,wisp,gnome?).You can often sell zaps of this wand for 5-15g each. so be sure to trick or treat as often as possible. More wands = more G and it's Free! This is a bit time consuming as you need to advertise in trade, but it's still worth your time.

So go out.... grab bags of candy... put on a flimsy mask and go get some gold!

1 comment:

  1. I just hit my wand zap selling macro periodically, while in town posting on the auction house. I had a full set saved from last year's wands. I charge 25g per zap, or 3 for 60g! Didn't waste any extra time as I was in Org posting anyways. You'd be amazed the people that pay for something now that they could have finished for free if they were patient.

    ReplyDelete